• Tappdoc BloodCare is not a blood bank and is not affiliated to any blood bank.
• We urge you not to make false registrations/not to register if you do not seriously wish to donate blood. It is a matter of life and death for those in need of blood in an emergency or otherwise
• Tappdoc does not claim that potential donors are free from any disease or bodily conditions that prevent them from donating blood at the time when they are contacted for blood donation.
• Tappdoc does not guarantee that a potential donor will agree to donate blood whenever called upon to do so. It is entirely at the discretion of the individual whether or not to donate blood.
• Potential donors registering on this site MUST UNDERSTAND that if they "accept to donate" any requests then all the donor information will be accessible to the requestor. Tappdoc BloodCare cannot be held responsible for any dispute, losses or harm arising out of or due to misuse of any information (Eg. Telephone numbers) provided on this site and is not liable to pay any damages thereof.
• Tappdoc cannot be held responsible for any disputes, losses or harm caused to the blood recipient or blood donor or any third party interested in them that arises due to any interaction* between them.
* Interaction implies communication by any medium, actual blood donation or transfusion thereof.
• Tappdoc does not arrange for blood donors. It merely provides relevant information about potential donors to those in need of blood.
Donors Temporarily Unfit for Donation :
• Jaundice : Unfit for one year after full recovery.
• Malaria : Unfit for one year after full treatment.
• Typhoid : Unfit for one year after full treatment.
• Surgical Operations : for one year after any major operations.
• Transfusion of blood or its products : for one year after receiving the transfusion.
• Immunizations : usually for three weeks after vaccinations.
• Pregnancy : Defer till one year after childbirth.
• Drug ingestion : If on any medications, please inform the medical officer.
• Cough, cold, fever : Please inform medical officer who will decide the period of defferal.
Conditions which make donors permanently unfit for donation
• Severe allergic diseases
• Diabetic patients
• Myocardial infarction
• Active Tuberculosis
• Renal diseases
• Venereal (Sexually Transmitted) Diseases
• Two or more vasovagal (fainting) attacks after blood donation
• High risk individuals for HIV
• Known carriers of Hepatitis B virus
CONDITIONS FOR DONATION OF BLOOD :
(1) General - No person shall donate blood and no blood bank shall draw blood from a person, more than once in three months. The donor shall be in good health, mentally alert and physically fit and shall not be inmates of jail, persons having multiple sex partners and drug-addicts. The donors shall fulfil the following requirements, namely :-
1. The donor shall be in the age group of 18 to 55 years.
2. The donor shall not be less than 45 kilograms.
3. Temperature and Pulse of the donor shall be normal.
4. The systolic and diastolic blood pressures are within normal limits without medication.
5. Haemoglobin which shall not be less than 12.5 grams.
6. The donor shall be free from acute respiratory diseases.
7. The donor shall be free from any skin diseases at the site of phlebotomy.
8. The donor shall be free from any disease transmissible by blood transfusion, insofar as can be determined by history and examination indicated above.
9. The arms and forearms of the donor shall be free from skin punctures or scars indicative of professional blood donors or addiction of self injected narcotics.
(2) Additional qualifications of a donor - No person shall donate blood, and no blood bank shall draw blood from a donor, in the conditions mentioned in column (1) of the Table given below before the expiry of the period of deferment mentioned in the column (2) of the said Table.
(1) PERIOD OF DEFFERMENT
(a) Abortions 6 months
(b) History of Blood transfusion 6 months
(c) Surgery 12 months
(d) Typhoid 12 months after recovery
(e) History of Malaria and duly treated 3 months (endemic) 3 years (non endemic area)
(f) Tattoo 6 months
(g) Breast feeding 12 months after delivery
(h)Immunization (Cholera, Typhoid,Diphtheria, Tetanus, Plague,Gammaglobulin) 15 days
(i)Rabies vaccination 1 year after vaccination
(j)History of Hepatitis in family or close contact 12 months
(k)Immunoglobulin 12 months
(3) No person shall donate blood and no blood bank shall draw blood from a person, suffering from any of the diseases mentioned below, namely .-
• Heart disease
• Abnormal bleeding tendencies
• Unexplained weight loss
• Diabetes-controlled on Insulin
• Hepatitis infection
• Chronic nephritis
• Signs and symptoms, suggestive of AIDS
• Liver disease
• Polycythemia Vera
• Endocrine disorders
Tappdoc BloodCare does not sell contact details to any third party or use it in any way for commercial gains. The contact details (e-mail address and phone number) of the voluntary blood donor are made available in an automated smart way without any discrimination or charge to anybody who seeks donors for a particular blood group in a particular region.
Tappdoc BloodCare is a website in the public domain and is accessible to any person with an internet connection. Because of this any person or blood bank who seeks blood can obtain your contact details only if you "accept to donate" and contact you. It is not at all compulsory to donate blood when called upon. The donor can turn down any request to donate blood if he does not wish to do so.
Tappdoc BloodCare is just a directory of people who “wish” to donate blood free of cost. Hence, it is advisable that you do not register yourself if you “never” plan to donate blood You will not be paid in any way for donating blood. Your service will be completely voluntary and for a social cause. Donating blood for money or any commercial gain is banned by the law in India from January 1, 1996. (Source: Frontline, Volume 22 - Issue 14, Jul 02 - 15, 2005). Donors are requested to inform the seekers that they are donating voluntarily and no money should be given to any person or agent for the same.
Any person or a relative/friend of such a person who requires blood urgently and is unable to find donors amongst relatives, friends, acquaintances can seek blood from Tappdoc BloodCare. Illegal agents from blood banks are strictly forbidden to access Tappdoc BloodCare for commercial gains. Donating blood for money or any commercial gain is banned by the law in India from January 1, 1998. (Source: Frontline, Volume 22 - Issue 14, Jul 02 - 15, 2005). Donors are requested to inform the seekers that they are donating voluntarily and no money should be given to any person or agent for the same.
Tappdoc BloodCare is an initiative in the public interest by Welebriti Infotech Pvt Ltd. Tappdoc BloodCare is not associated with or run by any blood bank.